Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh) [India], November 16 (ANI): Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Kamal Nath, took a dig at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the alleged viral videos involving Union Minister and BJP candidate Narendra Singh Tomar's son, highlighting money transactions and said that there is no need to blame anyone.
"If there is a video, there is a video. What is the use of saying he did this or she did this?" Kamal Nath said this on Thursday while speaking to ANI.
Notably, the second video of Tomar's son, Devendra Singh Tomar, surfaced on social media about making deals worth crores of rupees with some businessmen on Monday, and a day after, another video of him came to light.
Meanwhile, the former CM further said that he has faith in the voters of Madhya Pradesh.
"I have complete faith in the voters of Madhya Pradesh. After looking at the state where every category is troubled, they will side with the truth...All of us have made all the efforts. We did what we had to do, they (BJP) did what they had to do," he added.
Earlier on Wednesday, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel also shared on X, the video of a man who identified himself as a resident of Canada and claimed it was him who was discussing alleged financial transactions with Tomar's son in an earlier video.
"Rs 10,000 crore game? Your (apparently referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi) agency levelled allegations of hundreds of crores of rupees (scam) against me based on an unconfirmed video and the statement of a driver. Now check this also. Which agency will investigate? When will raids take place? When will there be hour-long programmes in the media?" Baghel asked.
"A new revelation has come to light in the viral video case of Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar's son Devendra Tomar "making transactions worth crores of rupees," Baghel claimed.
"The person who was talking to the minister's son on video call has confirmed the entire conversation by releasing a new video. Narendra Singh Tomar's son has also purchased 100 acres of land abroad for ganja (cannabis) cultivation," he wrote on X.
In response, Union Minister Narendra Tomar labelled the video involving his son as fake and part of an opposition conspiracy during elections. He also demanded a Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) investigation to reveal the truth and expose the alleged conspiracy.
"A fake video related to my son has gone viral on social media. This is part of a well-planned conspiracy being carried out by the opposition at the time of elections with the aim of misleading the public," Tomar said in a post on X on Tuesday.
"Earlier, my son Devendra Pratap Singh Tomar had also submitted an application for police investigation in relation to such false videos. I again demand the CFSL (Central Forensic Science Laboratory) agencies to investigate this video, so that the truth can come out and the conspiracy can be exposed," he added.
The state of Madhya Pradesh is set to go to the polls on November 17 to elect representatives to 230-member Assembly. The counting of votes will take place on December 3. (ANI)